Spadeoak are seeking an experienced Senior Contracts Estimator
We have some exciting vacancies for an experienced Senior Contracts Estimator with civils estimating experience to join our expanding Spadeoak business. Spadeoak delivers a world class surfacing service to schools, colleges, commercial developments and residential projects. Providing a first class service and high value solutions to a range of customers both large and small.
As the Estimator you will have the ability to price from first principles for civils and surfacing with a focus on complementary ancillary civils work. You will carry out the estimating process for new & ongoing works, preparing accurate cost estimates and rates for submissions for a wide range of customers and services; from distribution parks, car parks to local access roads.
Keys aspects of the Senior Contracts Estimator include:
- Ensure that all work for which they are responsible is carried out in a safe and environmentally acceptable manner in accordance with the policies of the company and the Integrated Management System.
- Carry out the estimating process for new & ongoing works, preparing accurate cost estimates and rates for submission to customers.
- Study the commercial and technical requirements of the bid making due allowance for and manage those requirements that may place the company at risk or provide commercial opportunities.
- Carry out site visits to prospective and current sites to assess work methods and possible challenges or opportunities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of subcontractors and ensure that estimates are based upon approved and competent suppliers
- Maintain an up to date resource database to ensure estimates are accurate.
- Act as the customer contact during the bid process, updating the job file and responding to customer requests for information.
- Negotiate prices & contract conditions with prospective clients at contract letting stage.
- Liaise with other members of the bid team, such as the quality team to ensure that the bid addresses all issues and the estimate is robust.
- Liaise with site management to ensure that feedback takes place and therefore keep aware of current work practices and HSEQ requirements.
- Assist and guide junior staff and trainees in estimating practice where appropriate always having regard for the company values.
- Promote the wider interests of the whole of the Holcim/Aggregate Industries group, seeking to add value, where possible, by use of other company products.
- Produce any company reports accurately and on time.
- Develop, lead and challenge external sales colleagues in the pursuit of work winning and world class customer service to deliver a continual improvement in business growth.
- To deliver as a minimum the budgeted income/contribution levels in the region.
- Represent the business internally and externally and build strategic relationships cross-functionally and with key partners/suppliers. This will include customers, clients and representatives from Holcim.
- Work closely with relevant Procurement and Logistics functions to ensure optimal utilisation of the supply chain across our network.
- To identify and recommend opportunities for business development through both organic growth and new business development in target markets / segments.
- To drive the marketing strategy across the region, understand industry forecasts, build effective customer segmentation and develop sophisticated market analytics.
- To build the organisation (structure and processes) and capabilities (skills and resources) around the commercial strategy.
- To foster employee engagement across the function through demonstrable felt leadership and people management. Develop and identify potential successors for key roles within the business and ensure employees receive development opportunities as appropriate.
- Any other duties that from time to time may reasonably be required by the company
Who you are
- Significant Commercial experience and demonstrable experience of working in target driven environments. Industry specific knowledge an advantage.
- Stakeholder Management at Senior Level coupled with the ability to lead and manage teams.
- Experience in delivering on substantial sales budgets with the ability to put in place and maintain full financial tracking/controls.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to build credibility across the
- Technical understanding of product portfolio to ensure regulatory and quality compliance.
- Detail and results orientated with strong personal values to succeed.
- Highly organised with demonstrable planning and delivery capabilities.
- Competitive Salary, plus Car/Car allowance, bonus, Private Medical Insurance, 25 days holiday (with options to increase) and other benefits – all recognising the contribution you bring
- Be valued and supported, working as part of a highly respected aggregates team in a business that has a huge focus on Health & Safety
- Opportunities for career progression both at home and abroad (via our parent company Holcim)
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business.
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Established in 1976, Spadeoak, based in High Wycombe, has a hard-earned reputation for quality workmanship with expertise throughout our business whilst providing excellent customer service.
We pride ourselves on the versatility of our services, this is developed and enhanced through the ongoing investment in industry specialist plant and equipment, along with the continual learning and development of our 120 directly employed workforce, many of whom have been with the company for over 20 years.
As part of Aggregate Industries UK Ltd. and Holcim we can offer unrivalled opportunities for training and career progression.